Friday, May 11, 2007

What?


I've been noticing one thing of late...or maybe my eyes just opened,or maybe I'm hallucinating. There are many small shanty shops around our college,N.I.T. Allahabad,like they are all over in this country,run by often a whole family. Let's take this small hotel,serving snacks to the students in the evening. The mother might be sitting over the counter or doing the cooking. The brothers and the sisters doing the servings and washing the plates,often within the age of five. Quite often i find men starting at those kids,or the girls to be better,as they work their way around,with some hint of nasty desires.
What on this earth is this? Spare the kids at least,if you're not done with the women around. I don't know what's wrong with us men,or if it's wrong at all,but I don't like this shameless staring business. Why don't we stop thinking of women in only one way and treat them as just fellow living beings?
And there is this child abuse thing. I don't understand what it takes to treat a child in ways i've been reading around. What gives the grown ups this right to declare themselves superior and treat small kids in ways they certainly not deserve? And to top it up, here I hear about this Nithari killings. I don't undrestand what kind of killing heart can make someone do that. And yes,I have my share of experience as a child,however small it is.
Well right now I know what I'm doing..I'm only throwing up questions in the air. But I'll also come up with the answers one day,or better still,if someone saves my labour and does it well before I do.

No comments: